I called up a friend and so went the conversation:
“Hi, you have been so busy over the last week.”
“Ya! Sorta! My cousin was to be married off and it took a lot of my time.”
“But you must be free now”
“Sure, I am as the marriage is over.”
I said, What? What happened? Why did she divorce? And what were you so busy about? Looking for the best lawyer in the country?
“Are you outta your wits? She has just gotten married – how could you even think of a divorce?” Are you a friend?
“Come on, you just said the marriage is over”
(What to do? My friend studied science. He thought English grammar is a bullshit thing to spend time behind. He never attended English classes. He should have said, ‘wedding is over’ instead of ‘marriage is over’)
Just like Love, Grammar can also do the miracles!!! (And ROYALLY)
Let’s see some example
- Looking radiant in my dress, my boyfriend insisted on taking me to the discotheque. (We really do not know if the guy is a cross-dresser, but please do not write this to your parents. Do not know what will they think of you)
- Man to his belle (n. a beautiful woman): Tired of cleaning yourself? Let me do it. (Hahahahah)
- A newspaper headline: Two Soviet ships collide, one dies. (I really want see how a ship dies)
- Are you cooking yourself? (Oh no!! This is really gonna be painful)
- He is a man who cares (that is so nice of him). He is a man. Who cares? (What the heck?)
- The boss says, “The employee is a fool.” (Yes, the boss is always right and employee is always a fool). The boss, says the employee, is a fool. (this employee knows that the grammar can ROYALLY do the miracles)
Meanwhile an email received from one of the largest online shopping portals in the Middle East region.
Thank you for submitting your application for the position of Social Media Specialist and your interest in Namshi. If your application is successful we will (yes, we are a team!) contact you shortly. If you have not heard from us (Still we are!!) within the next 2 weeks, I am (But you know, as a team we cannot be afraid so we said ‘I’) afraid your application at this time has been unsuccessful. We will (and again we are a team!) keep your resume on our records and review it against any future vacancies.
Namshi Hiring Team
The confusion is whether an email is written by a team or by an individual.
So, let’s not be the Namshi Hiring Team. Do not be the man to a belle or a newspaper headline. Quest4Knowledge is all set to let go of these miraculous mistakes.
Keep your eyes out (and yes brain in) at this space for more on the grammar……..